Prep / Cook Time
extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
boneless chicken thighs
freshly ground black pepper
yellow onion, diced
Dream™ Almondmilk Unsweetened
sliced raw almonds
rice pilaf with shallots
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Add oil to a large over-proof skillet set over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place chicken, skin-side down, into hot skillet.
- Cook until skin is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook 2 to 3 additional minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add diced onions to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon stick, and Dream™ Almondmilk Unsweetened. Season sauce with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet, skin-side up, and transfer to pre-heated oven.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard cinnamon stick. Garnish with almonds and cilantro; serve with rice pilaf or cauliflower rice. Makes 4 servings.